Bangkok has been very good to us for the three weeks we have been here so far. The weather has been in the nineties with no signs of rain. People have shown us nothing but friendliness. Perhaps the most interesting parts for us are the many different sights we encounter as we head towards a particular destination.
We finally arrived at our destination...the National Museum ( or more formally known as the Museum at the Palace of the Front..."Wang Na"). Constructed in 1782, it used to be the residence of five Viceroys (or Deputy Kings). Following the death of Viceroy Wichaichan, the Palace of the Front was abandoned. In1887 the reigning King renovated the grounds and moved the Royal Museum here. It was finally converted into theNational Museum in 1926.