Again, we like to write what is unique about the places we visit, sometimes with tongue-in-cheek. As we get ready to leave Texas, it is time to say..."You know you are in San Antonio when..."
1) Stetson 10 gallon hats are worn everywhere;
2) People on the streets are packing guns in fancy holsters;
3) Signs disallowing guns are posted outside everyday establishments;
4) Pointed leather cowboy boots can be seen constantly;
5) People refer the Texas as "The Great State of Texas";
6) It seems that every other person is of Mexican descent;
7) There is a river with a gazillion restaurants along it, running through the center of town;
8) The bus drivers actually are extremely friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable;
9) Airport style security is evident even to enter the post office;
10) Food, dancing, dress, street signs, music, and architecture all have a Mexican influence.