In a part of Vienna that is not usually visited by tourists, is a little plaza containing the Piaristenkirche (Piarist Church), also known as the Church of Maria Treu. While the Order of Piarist monks commissioned the groundbreaking in 1698, financial problems prevented the completion of the church until 1753. By 1949, the Church of Maria Treu was raised in rank to that of a minor basilica.
Church of Maria Treu
Leave a Reply.
Carl and Lorraine Aveni are two retirees planning on traveling through Europe for at least one year.