"John Rylands Library" - Opened in 1900 by Enriqueta Rylands in memory of her husband, it now is part of the University of Manchester library. Mrs. Rylands had bought the property for the library in 1889 and had originally intended it to be for a collection of theological works. In fact, she had the building designed to resemble a church. Today, it's collection includes many medieval illuminated manuscripts, examples of early European printings, and an original copy of the Gutenberg Bible. This is a wonderful place to visit.